Tritonman will be held rain or shine. While San Diego is lucky to have warm weather year-round, winter storms do happen. The City of San Diego issues a water quality alert for all beaches and bays for 72 hours after significant rainfall, due to elevated bacteria levels. This would require us to cancel our swim, and convert the race into a duathlon (run-bike-run). In case of minor/moderate rainfall, we may still be able to host our swim depending on bacteria levels, and we will keep this website updated accordingly. Ultimately, this will be up to the discretion of the county water monitoring department, the lifeguards, and the race director, and we ask that you please respect their decision. Cross your fingers for dry weather!