As our draft-legal race is EDR-certified, we will be strictly enforcing all EDR and ITU draft-legal rules and equipment regulations. Please read over the Draft Legal Rules beforehand.
Update 2/2/2020: Our men's race is sold out. ALL interested athletes, please fill out our age-group interest form below. If a registered athlete drops out, athletes will be pulled from the waitlist in the order they have applied.
WCCTC athletes: Registration links will be sent to coaches of WCCTC schools (UC Davis, UC Berkeley, Stanford, Cal Poly, UC Santa Barbara, UCLA, USC, UC San Diego, UC Irvine, and SDSU) in early November. Each school will initially be allowed to register 4 athletes per gender. After January 15, any remaining unclaimed slots will go into our general interest pool.
Non-WCCTC collegiate athletes: Coaches or captains should email the race director at firstname.lastname@example.org to request registration links for their athletes. Collegiate teams from outside of our conference will initially be allocated 2 slots per gender. Additional slots may be available from our general interest pool starting January 15.
Age-group athletes: Most of the slots in our draft-legal races are reserved for collegiate athletes. However, we have reserved a limited number of slots for age-group athletes with prior draft-legal racing experience. To request a slot in our draft-legal race, please fill out this form (men) or this form (women), detailing your prior racing experience. A first round of 10 slots for each gender will be awarded on November 15, and a second round of 10 slots per gender will be awarded on January 15. Any athletes who have still not been selected after the second round will be added to our general interest pool and may be selected after January 15.
Elite athletes: We highly encourage elite athletes to register, and best of all, registration is free. We will initially allocate 7 slots per gender for elite athletes, available on a first-come, first served basis, until January 15. Elite athletes may request to register after January 15 but we cannot guarantee that space will still be available. Please email the race director at email@example.com to request a registration code.
After January 15, all remaining slots will be allocated at the discretion of the draft-legal coordinator.
- Aero helmets are not permitted.
- Torso must be covered from race start to finish. Either a trisuit or tri-top + bottom are allowed (please note that for Collegiate athletes, in order to receive points for your team you MUST have your school name visible on your kit). Unless your name is Eliud Kipchoge, no sleeves will be permitted past the shoulders.
- Bicycle must have a traditional triangular frame; wheels must have at least 12 spokes and should be of equal dimensions; handlebars must be traditional drop-style with bar-ends plugged; clip-on aerobars may not extend beyond the brake levers’ foremost line and must be bridged; no bar-end gear shifters allowed; elbow pads are allowed
- The mandatory pre-race briefing is Friday, February 14, 2019 at 6pm. The location is the same as our packet pickup location -- Moment Bicycles in Liberty Station (2816 Historic Decatur Rd Suite 135, San Diego, CA 92106). Please note: a make-up meeting will occur on race day at 6am at the race course. If you will be unable to attend the meeting on Friday, please fill out this form to let us know you will be at the Saturday make-up meeting. Failure to attend either meeting will result in disqualification.
- Blocking or interfering with the forward progress of another competitor is not allowed.
- Helmet chin-strap MUST be buckled at all times when touching the bike
- Athletes overtaken (lapped) by the race leader on the bike course will be disqualified
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including inappropriate language directed at fellow competitors, volunteers, or officials, may result in disqualification